Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the CW/GS Rally?
What are the dates and locations of the CW/GS Rallies?
Why should I attend?
How can I volunteer at a CW/GS Rally?
Are children welcome?
What about pets?
Can I participate in all Rally activities without parking my rig at the Rally site?
How can I exhibit at the CW/GS Rally?
How do I register for the CW/GS Rally?
What information and materials will I receive before I get to the Rally, and when will I get them?
What happens if I have to cancel?
What is Will Call; where is it located?
Will I be able to register at Will Call?
What do I do if I have a problem with the Online Reservation System?
RV PARKING and ARRIVAL
Where will I be parked?
What surface will I be parked on and what size is the site?
What about electric hookups?
Will there be shower facilities available?
Will there be someone available to empty our holding tank?
Will water services be available?
How do I get to the CW/GS Rally parking area?
Will I be able to stay on property after the event?
What if I have to leave early?
AT THE RALLY
This will be my first Rally. What can I expect?
What is a Goody Bag?
What are the exhibit hours?
Are the exhibits open to the general public?
Tell me about seminars; classes?
Is RV maintenance service available?
What products will be displayed at the CW/GS Rally?
May I bring my golf cart, scooter, bike, moped or Segway?
Will there be daily golf cart, wheelchair or scooter rentals available?
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
What is the CW/GS Rally? The CW/GS Rally is the biggest and best RV event in North America. Novice and experienced RVers get a chance to meet industry experts, find great bargains on RV products and enjoy camaraderie with fellow RV enthusiasts.
This annual must-attend RV event features:
• Hundreds of dealers and manufacturers displaying the latest and greatest models
• 100s of exhibits with the latest RV and Travel Gear
• Quality RV lifestyle seminars
• Youth Program for kids ages 6-17
• Dog Show
• World class evening and daytime entertainment
- Exhibitors Galore– Indoor and outdoor exhibit areas will offer the latest RVs, equipment, accessories and more – you’re sure to find it all at the CW/GS Rally. Compare nearly every make and model of new RVs from the leading manufacturers and dealers. Shop more than 350 indoor booths selling the latest products and services to enhance your RV experience. Whatever type of RV or RV–related product you need, the CW/GS Rally has it for you all in one convenient location.
- Entertainment – The CW/GS Rally provides extraordinary entertainment good for the entire family. Enjoy top–notch nightly performances; 2012 Rally guests were treated to the talents of Reba McEntire, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, Kenny Rogers and Martina McBride and in 2013 guests were treated to Vince Gill and the Beach Boys. The Rally entertainment never disappoints!
- Service – The biggest service companies are at the CW/GS Rally to assist you and answer your questions. Factory Representatives from both the manufacturers and suppliers will be on hand at the show.
- Great Seminars – Leaders and experts in the RV industry will present more than 30 daily seminars on topics such as healthy cooking on the road, chassis systems, RV troubleshooting techniques, RVing in Alaska, and more. Is there a question or advice you’ve been seeking? Ask the experts at the show.
- Location – The CW/GS Rally visits a variety of venues!
- Make Lifelong Friends – Thousands of RV enthusiasts help make the CW/GS Rallies fun and successful, and RVers from almost every state and providence join us. Catch-up with old friends and make lifelong new ones to travel with and share in the RV lifestyle.
- The Kids Will Have Fun Too – The CW/GS Rally enjoys keeping the kids entertained while you shop and learn throughout the day. At our Summer Rallies, we provide a free youth program for children (ages 6–12) and teenagers (ages 13–17). We strive to keep everyone happy and having fun at the CW/GS Rally!
- Price – The CW/GS Rally is truly a priceless experience. Only the Greatest RV Rally in the World could provide informative seminars, gigantic exhibit areas, fantastic entertainment, and good times all day, every day at this magnitude. Visit the pricing page for information on prices and registration.
- Check the Box – You can finally say you’ve been to a big, fun, international rally. You’ll probably look back and wonder what took you so long!
How can I volunteer at a CW/GS Rally? Volunteering at the Rally is a fun way to support the RV community! If you would like to join our Rally team as a volunteer and have your Rally fee reimbursed, please call us toll-free at (800) 701-1399 or email us at email@example.com today to receive an application or complete the online registration form.
Are children welcome? Absolutely! The CW/GS Rally provides youth activity programs for children (ages 6-12) and another for teenagers (ages 13-17) at our summer Rallies. With a full schedule of activities, your children and grandchildren will be busy having fun while you attend interesting seminars and peruse the exhibitor halls. Youth activities include games, pizza parties, contests, entertainment as well as trips to local areas of interest. Be sure to register the children when you pre-register.
What about pets? Absolutely! We’ve had lots of dogs, cats, birds, even potbelly pigs come to the CW/GS Rally. Our CW/GS Rally dog show allows your dogs to come on out and strut their stuff and compete for prizes in such categories as……Of course, your pets must be kept on a leash. Some CW/GS Rally venues have restrictions on areas where pets may visit; others do not. Please be considerate of others by being a responsible pet owner and cleaning up after your pet at all times. Please check the CW/GS Rally Services page for specific pet boarding facilities.
Can I participate in all CW/GS Rally activities without parking my rig at the Rally site? Absolutely! There are several ways to participate without camping on site at the CW/GS Rally.
You can park off-site and drive your personal vehicle to the CW/GS Rally each day with a Passport reservation. A Passport gives you access to evening entertainment and seminars, as well as to all exhibits and activities.
A Day Pass entitling the guest to just visit the indoor and outdoor exhibits is available for $10 per day per person. (Note: General public Day Passes do not allow access to evening entertainment or seminars.)
- Online: Click Here to register online.
- Phone (800) 701-1399 to speak with a customer service representative.
- Mail your registration form along with check or credit card information to:
The CW/GS Rally
P.O. Box 9291
Oxnard, CA 93031
Make checks (in U.S. funds only please) payable to “The Rally”
What information and materials will I receive before I get to the Rally, and when will I get them? You should receive a confirmation within 7-10 business days of registering for the CW/GS Rally. Confirmations are sent via email, however if no email address is on file a hard copy will be mailed to you. Final CW/GS Rally packets will be shipped approximately 45 business days prior to the start of the CW/GS Rally. Your Final Packet will include copies of your confirmation, Rally Important Information, Rally Services, and information on any activities that require pre-registration or planning. Your Final Packet will also include your Parking Window Card(s), driving directions and personalized Name Badge(s).
Upon registering, you may also choose to have your Final Packet paperwork either mailed to you or held at Will Call for you to pick up.
Guests with late registrations will pick up final packets at Will Call at the CW/GS Rally site upon arrival.
What happens if I have to cancel? Written cancellations post-marked prior to December 18, 2014 are subject to a $25 handling fee. Cancellations post-marked December 18, 2014 – January 28, 2015 are subject to a $50 handling fee. Cancellations post-marked January 29, 2015 or later forfeit 50% of the total event fee paid or $50, whichever is greater. All cancellations of electrical service received after January 29, 2015 will be charged an additional penalty fee of $50 over and above the standard cancellation fee. Penalty fees cannot exceed the amount paid. No refunds will be made for “no shows” or reservations cancelled after The Rally starts. All cancellations must be requested in writing and sent to: The CW/GS Rally, P. O. Box 9291, Oxnard, CA 93031 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Will Call and where is it located? Staffed by qualified CW/GS Rally volunteers, “Will Call” allows guests to pick up final packets when they arrive at the event. This is especially helpful for RVers who are on the road and who are unable to receive final packets by mail. If you would like to pick up your final packet at “Will Call” instead of having it mailed, please indicate “Will Call” when you register. If you register by phone, tell your customer service representative; if you register by mail or online, please make a note that you’d like the “Will Call” option.
Directions to Will Call for each CW/GS Rally can be found under the “Driving Directions” section of this website within 30 days of the event.
Will I be able to register at Will Call? Yes, pre-registration is recommended. However, if you decide after the deadline to attend, you may register at Will Call, assuming the CW/GS Rally is not sold out.
What do I do if I have a problem with the Online Reservation System? Please be aware that the online reservation system is intended for new reservations only and not designed for you to make changes to an existing reservation. For assistance contact our offices at 800-701-1399 or by email to email@example.com.
RV PARKING and ARRIVAL
Where will I be parked? Parking for all CW/GS Rallies is handled “festival” style, meaning that sites are assigned upon arrival, not in advance, according to the services you have requested. When it is available, parking information for each rally will be listed under the “Facilities” section of this website, under the listing for that particular CW/GS Rally.
What surface will I be parked on, what size is the site, etc? All parking is on a hard surface, but the specifics will vary by location. Specific information on RV parking will be included in the Important Information and Rally Services sections of your final packet.
What about electric hookups? A limited number of temporary 30-amp electric hookups are available, for an additional cost of $200 for the four Rally days. Be sure to pre-register for electric service when you register. Electrical service may be either house power or power provided by generator. An additional 10-gauge electric cord may be necessary if your motorhome cord does not reach the provided 30-amp receptacle. The CW/GS Rally also encourages members to have surge protectors on power cords leading to the electrical panel.
All cancellations of electrical service received within 15 days prior to the start of the CW/GS Rally will be charged an additional penalty fee of $50 over and above the standard cancellation fee.
Electric service begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday (if you have paid for the early bird days) and ends at 8 a.m. on Monday departure day.
Will there be shower facilities available?Every venue is unique and shower facilities vary at every CW/GS Rally. Shower facilities are noted on the grounds map and hours of operation will be noted in the CW/GS Rally program.
Will there be someone available to empty our holding tank? Please arrive with your RV holding tanks empty. Honey-wagon service may be provided by a third party provider. Rates are listed in the Rally Services for each CW/GS Rally.
Will water services be available? Please arrive with your water tanks full. Mobile water service may be provided by a third party service provider. Rates are listed in the Rally Services for each CW/GS Rally.
How do I get to the CW/GS Rally parking area? Specific directions for the various parking areas will be included in your final packet and listed under the “Driving Directions” section for this website within 30 days of the start of the event. Although GPS and other mapping programs may suggest different routing, please follow the directions which have been approved for the CW/GS Rally’s use by local law enforcement agencies.
AT THE RALLY
- Loads of fun – Each day is filled with activities and entertainment.
- Great bargains – Hundreds of RV manufacturers and dealers will offer special CW/GS Rally prices, and thousands of RV-related products will be showcased at more than 350+ exhibitor booths.
- Tons of information about RVing – More than 120 seminars are hosted by RV industry experts and will cover a wide range of topics.
- Meet the Nicest People – There is no way you can come to a CW/GS Rally and not make new friends! The nicest RVers in the world come to our Rallies, and they’re eager to get to know you and share RVing experiences.
- All Types of RVs – Whether you drive a huge motorcoach or tow a small tent trailer, all types of RVs – towable and motorized – are welcome at a CW/GS Rally.
Are the exhibits open to the general public? Yes. There is a $10 public gate fee per day per person to go to the indoor and outdoor exhibits only. However, to attend all the seminars and evening entertainment for each day of the CW/GS Rally including the exhibits, public gate patrons can purchase a Rally passport at the public gate for $89 per person.
Tell me about seminars and classes? Leaders and experts in the RV industry will present more than 120 seminars. You will have the opportunity to meet true professionals who can answer your questions about RVing and share their experience and knowledge of the lifestyle. There will be more than 20 seminars offered each day, covering a wide range of topics such as healthy cooking on the road, chassis systems, RV troubleshooting techniques and RV caravan travel – plus many more! Seminars are scheduled as 1 ½ hour blocks of time, yet the actual length of a seminar presentation is at the sole discretion of the presenter. The seminars usually begin on Thursday (we may have some that start on Wednesday) and continue thru Sunday. The seminar schedule will be listed in the CW/GS Rally program and schedule of activities, which you will receive when you arrive.
Admission to most seminars are included in your CW/GS Rally fee. Seating is limited in some of the seminar areas and may fill up early. Seminars are not open to the general public. Be sure to wear your CW/GS Rally badge for admission. Seminars run each day of the CW/GS Rally. There may be some optional seminars offered for a small fee on Early Bird days. This information will be posted on the Rally website under “Optional Tours and Classes”. Advance registration is recommended for these classes.
Is RV maintenance service available? Yes. RV manufacturers, aftermarket product manufacturers and suppliers exhibiting at the CW/GS Rally have been invited to provide emergency service performed by trained personnel for CW/GS Rally guests. Since space is limited, service and installation vehicles will be dispatched into the RV parking areas to perform the work. CW/GS Rally guests needing such emergency service must contact the appropriate company at their exhibit booths, and/or at the servicing company’s display area. Service arrangements can be made when the exhibit areas open. Financial arrangements for the payment of service work are the mutual responsibility of the servicing company and the RV owner and are not the responsibility of the CW/GS Rally.
What products will be displayed at the CW/GS Rally? Everything from A to Z will be on display at the CW/GS Rally – the latest RV models (Types A, B and C motorhomes, fifth-wheels, travel trailers) as well as RV components and accessories. There will be more than 500 RVs on display and over 350+ indoor exhibitor booths displaying a wide range of RV-related products.
Please see policy enforced by the Phoenix International Raceway:
Unauthorized Vehicle Policy
- A ban on the use of unauthorized vehicles on PIR property will be enforced. This is NOT an issue of “licensed or unlicensed”, as a licensed vehicle can be “unauthorized” (or “unapproved”) on PIR private property.
- Unauthorized vehicle includes, but is not limited to, Ford Thinks, GEM, GEO, quads, ATV’s, Segways, electric or gas scooters of any kind, sand rails, dirt bikes for off-road use.
ADA Approved Mobility Device
- Guests with disabilities may utilize wheelchairs and/or electric convenience vehicles (ECVs) to move around property. ECVs are designated as “single-rider” device.
- Personal Golf Carts will be allowed.
Motorcycles on PIR Property
- A street legal motorcycle is NOT allowed for unrestricted movement about PIR property.
Will there be daily golf cart, wheelchair or scooter rentals available? A limited number of authorized golf carts will be available for rent through the CW/GS Rally’s show decorator, Hale Expo Services, on a first-come, first-serve basis and are primarily for guests with mobility issues. The CW/GS Rally’s Accessibility Table will be set up in the Reception/Registration area, with specially trained personnel to help our mobility challenged guests find the best ways to enjoy themselves at our CW/GS Rallies.
We are sorry, but wheelchair and scooter rentals are usually not available at the CW/GS Rally. We ask that our guests make their own arrangements for this equipment.
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here? First, review the “Rally Services” and other information for the CW/GS Rally you are attending. A full list of Rally Services for each event can be found on the menu to the left. Otherwise please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or call one of our CW/GS Rally Representatives at 1-800-701-1399.